<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 26, 2004

Blog Post I Didn't Write

I thought about moaning and lamenting the fact that Jeremy Reed has only 2 walks so far this year, a walk rate well behind his career rate in the minors. For crying out loud, it's only 15 games or so, and he's hitting .340!

Just like I said in the post on Schoeneweis, it's too early to really make any judgments. Despite my nearly pathological fear of the Twinkies at this time, they really have played over their heads. And the Royals aren't nearly as bad as their record. In fact, according to the adjusted standings, the Royals have been playing better baseball than the Twinks despite their horrid record. A big part of that, I'm sure is the fact that they've left 18 men stranded on 3rd with less than two outs thus far this year - a horrendous rate.

Pretty much everything about this season is too early to draw any lasting conclusions - except for injuries. I fear the only permanent things to this season might be Jose Valentin's hamstring, which has the potential to linger all season.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?