<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Why Are The Sox Wasting At Bats On Timo Perez?

Timo Perez now has 85+ at bats for the White Sox this year - on pace for some 250 total at bats. He's produced to the tune of .256/.286/.326. In other words, he's useless. and he's started 3 games in a row now, 5 of the last 9. Since Magglio Ordonez went on the DL, Timo has gotten the plurality of starts, over Aaron Rowand and Ross Gload.

I don't blame the White Sox not bringing up Jeremy Reed or Joe Borchard to fill Ordonez's spot. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they had to give the at-bats to Timo Perez. He's roughly half as productive as Ross Gload - Ross creates 5.4 runs per 27 outs to 2.7 per game for Timo.

I've seen some scuttlebutt on the message boards that Guillen is friends with Timo and that's why he gets the bulk of the playing time. I hope Ozzie is smarter than that, because Ross Gload needs to get the bulk of the LH at bats while Maggio is out.

ADDED EDIT AFTER TIMO TIES THE GAME WITH A TWO RUN HOMER IN THE 9TH INNING -

Ok, Timo, way to pull a Jon Garland on me and tie the game with a homer. Making me look bad. You bought yourself a two week pass of no complaining from me. Enjoy it, because I'll most likely pick right back up on June 29.


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?