<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Pure Brilliance


If you are of a certain age, you probably had an original Nintendo. And if you loved sports, like I did, you probably had RBI Baseball. I probably played, Ripken-like, 2500+ straight games of RBI Baseball in my freshman, sophomore and junior years of college against roommates and fraternity brothers. And, despite the fact that RBI Baseball II had come out with better graphics, we still played the original RBI. The game play of the original RBI was that good. Plus, you had to love the fat guys. I mean, an entire league of Cecil Fielders, what a concept!

Some brilliant person named Conor Lastowka has synched up the bottom of the 10th inning of
Game 6 of the 1986 World Series - another defining moment of my youth (I was rooting for the Mets, mostly because I got WWOR on my cable back then) - with RBI Baseball. Here is the result. The best part, as pointed out by my friend DM, is the naming of Marty Barrett as Player of the Game with two outs. Also note that Joe Garagiola says about three words during the clip, "Brother do we," in response to Scully's comment that we have a heckuva game.

Hat tip to the Soapmeister for this one. Thanks, Kevin.


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?